Comet Care will be waiting for the release of the state guidelines for the 2021-2022 school year. Please check back for updated information regarding information on registration. We apologize for the uncertainty but as all of you are aware, the guidelines are constantly changing. Once they release the updated guidelines for 2021-2022 school year, we will have a better idea as to what is required from Comet Care too. Students that are currently enrolled in the program, will automatically be enrolled for the 2021-2022 school year. Depending on the guidelines, the remaining spots will be held through a lottery/raffle system. As the guidelines change, more children may be added. All parents will be notified by July 15, if your child was selected.
If you would like to be added to our email list, please fill out the google form below. Your name will also be added to the list for the lottery/raffle.
Google form: https://forms.gle/bECwpdD3RzQHoroP7
Parent portal account to pay tuition
COVID INFORMATION: Click below
If your child is a PM student and will be coming to Comet Care from class, please click on the picture below to fill out the COVID-19 google form. It must be completed every day before your child enters the program.
UPDATED Q & A
Will the staff help my child with their homework or classwork during their session?
Yes, staff will help the children in their class only. Please remember that they are not certified staff (although some are going to school for education). Parent feedback is important.
Do you offer assistance from the state?
Yes, we do offer assistance. You will need to contact RUTGERS to apply.
If I drop a session or a day, will my child be allowed to enter the program when or if our school continues a normal schedule?
No, we have parents on the waiting list. If you drop a session or a day, we will ask the next parent on the list if they would like for their child to be in the program. However, if we do have room in the program, we will allow your child back into Comet Care.
If the school district ends up going virtual, will Comet Care still be opened for the parents.
Yes, at this time Comet Care will remain opened for the parents. It will only close if the state shuts down all daycare/before/after school programs.
Will Comet Care be able to have more than 10 children in a classroom?
Yes, we will add more children if the state changes their regulations by allowing more children in the classroom.
If the school day reverts to the originally school schedule, will Comet Care go back to their original schedule/tuition?
Yes, Comet Care will return to their original schedule and tuition if the school does too.
What is the address for the forms and payments?
PO Box 631
Swedesboro, NJ 08085
Initial FAQs – please note these will be updated as needed.
Q: What shifts will be offered?
A: AM shift (7-12), PM shift (12-6:00) & BOTH AM/PM
Q: What happens if we go virtual full time?
A: Comet Care will apply to be an emergency daycare with the State of New Jersey. As long as the state allows Come Care to operate in that capacity and within our schools, we will continue to provide the coverage levels you have selected.
Q: Will students be in the cafeteria and gym together?
A: No, there will be 5 separated classrooms at the Harker and Stratton schools and 3 classrooms at the Clifford School. At this time, the state is allowing daycares/before and after school programs to allow 10 students per classroom per one staff member. That is suppose to change to 15 students per classroom by August 1st. Comet Care has made preliminary plans to establish a safe environment for our students but final plans and further detail will not be available until final decisions and instruction come from the school district and the state.
Q: I don’t need the AM shift or PM shift for the whole week. Am I able to change my selection “per day” or will Comet Care prorate hours that are not needed?
A: Unfortunately, no. If you need an AM shift at any time during the week, Comet Care will need to plan for student headcount and staff resourcing throughout the week.
Q: My child doesn’t need care until 11:00 because they will have class one or more days, can I only pay for the time needed?
A: No, the shifts are designed and priced based on the most flexibility for fall decisions and with all state, local and CDC guidelines and mandates in place.
Q: Will there be an increase with tuition?
A: Yes, there will be an increase in tuition. It will be established once all the state regulations have been established. Comet Care is providing care for much longer than the previous before/after care hours. The AM and PM shifts are for at least double the length of time than before/after care hours. Also, the staff more than doubled to accommodate all of the state’s criteria.
Q: If I sign up for a schedule am I able to change it?
A: Once you submit your form on the day of registration, you CAN’T add a PM or AM session after that form is submitted. However, you can change your days needed. All schedules will need to be placed by August 4, 2020. Unfortunately, in the past we were extremely flexible with the changes. However, due to the limited space we will not be able to change it once your schedule is finalized.
Q: What if all restrictions are lifted and the school district can resume full-time, in-person setting? What happens to Comet Care?
A: Comet Care will go back to the ‘Pre-Covid’ before and after school care schedule, including decreased tuition prices as coverage will be limited to before and after care.
Changes due to Covid-19 guidelines:
- AM shift is 7:00-12:00 and PM shift is 12:00pm-6:00pm.
- Comet Care has to double the staff in order to meet the state requirements. Staff is required to be available during full hours of operation (7AM- 6PM).
- Though not required by State or CDC, Comet Care will make significant efforts to eliminate as much “cross contamination” as possible. Meaning the students will stay in the same groups during their duration of coverage as much as possible. We feel this is aligned with making safety our priority but it does have its own limitations and requires more staff.
- Currently, Comet Care is estimating approximately 11 hours of coverage a day, similar or same as that of a daycare. Our hours provide coverage from 7AM – 6 PM. Your individual schedule may vary based on your needs, but staff is required during the full coverage period.
REGISTRATION FORMS: ALL REGISTRATION WILL BE HELD AT THE GENERAL HARKER SCHOOL 1771 Oldmans Creek
- Please do not park any vehicles in the parking lot the night before registration.
- No cars will be able to enter for the Harker registration until all of the Clifford registration is finished.
- Once you enter the Harker parking lot, you will be handed a number. Please hold on to your number. You will not get another one if it is lost. Each kid will get a separate number.
- Staff will direct you to the appropriate parking spot. At no time will you be getting out of your car. The staff will come to you and collect the form.
- Once registration begins, you will be told if your child is the program or on the waitlist. Unfortunately, spots will be limited due to the state regulations. If they are eventually lifted, we will be able to accommodate more students until our limit is reached.
- When you hand your form in, you will receive a receipt. You need the receipt for your record. PLEASE DON’T LOSE THIS. If your child is in the program, the staff will hand you a packet that you must complete and mail back to Comet Care. If this isn’t received in a week, you may lose your spot.
NEW IN PERSON REGISTRATION DATES AT THE HARKER SCHOOL
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Thank you for the kind messages that were emailed throughout this whole process. We apologize for the website crashing on Friday. That was the first concern and question that was asked when choosing a company to go online. We appreciate everyone’s patience. Here are the new dates for the in-person registration.
Gov. Stratton School (1 & 2 grade): Friday, July 17-6:00pm
Margaret Clifford School (K): Saturday, July 18- 9:00am
Gen. Harker Hill School (3-6): Saturday, July 18- 2:00pm
There will only be one form to hand in during registration. That will be available online July 10th. The form will have the basic information that will reserve your spot. After handing the form in, you will leave with a receipt and packet to fill out and mail in. This should eliminate A LOT of time. All of this will be done in your car and no one will need to get out. More information will be coming within the upcoming week about the actual process. We just wanted to give you a general idea.
Please email with any questions or concerns.
DUE TO THE WEBSITE CRASHING, WE REGRET TO INFORM YOU THAT ONLINE REGISTRATION WILL BE CANCELED FOR ALL SCHOOLS. WE ARE CURRENTLY WORKING ON RESCHEDULING REGISTRATION AND HOLDING IT IN PERSON. PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVIENCE.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
- PARENTS PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU CREATE AN ACCOUNT WITH THE PARENT PORTAL (it’s located in your confirmation email and also will pop up once your press submit). ONCE YOU CREATE AN ACCOUNT, YOU WILL USE THE PARENT PORTAL TO REGISTER ANY REMAINING CHILDREN IN MULTIPLE SCHOOLS.
- When logged in the Parent Portal always click the find waitlist classes. It sets it off by default. To do this, click find classes and click waitlist on.
Online Tutorial on how to add a child to the PARENT PORTAL:
Online Tutorial TO ACCESS PARENT PORTAL:
Finally 2020-2021 Registration Dates
Please continue to check the website for updated information about the online registration process.
Thank you for your patience.
PLEASE COMPLETE ALL OF THE FORMS BELOW
The Comet Care program is a tuition-based before and after school program that provides a safe, affordable and nurturing environment to the residents of Swedesboro and Woolwich Township. While at Comet Care, children will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities including outdoor play, crafts, games and homework time. Comet Care is for the children who will attend grades Kindergarten through Grade 6 in September 2019.
General Charles Harker & Walter Hill School
Students from the Walter Hill School will be bused over to the Harker School for the PM session. Walter Hill students in the AM session will be bused to the Walter Hill School from the Harker School.
Site Phone Number: 609-922-9356
Governor Charles Stratton
Site Phone Number: 609-922-9355
Margaret Clifford School
Site Phone Number: 609-922-9354