1. Is Comet Care based on a lottery system?
No, Comet Care will accept anyone on a first come first serve basis as long as they agree to the rules and procedures. Comet Care will close once the capacity has been reached.
2. Is there a discount if I have more than one child in the Comet Care program?
Yes, Comet Care gives a 10% discount for enrolling more than one child.
3. Will the after school care provide a snack for my child?
Yes, Comet Care will provide your child with a snack. However, they are allowed to bring a snack from home.
4. What are the activities in the program?
Some of the activities are homework help, creative arts/science/hobby, snack table, indoor/outdoor activities, and games/Legos/manipulatives.
5. Do I have to pay if my child is absent due to illness?
Parents’ are responsible to pay for days when school is in session. Comet Care does not give credit for sick days, family vacation or days when a child may go to another person’s home etc.
6. When are payments due?
Monthly tuition fees are due by the 20th of the month prior to care. Your child will not be able to attend the Comet Care program until payment is received.
7. Does Comet Care provide a statement for taxes?
No, Comet Care does not provide a statement for end of the year taxes. Please keep a copy of your cancelled checks or your credit card receipts when paying the tuition. Comet Care’s EIN# is 81-2448491.
8. Does Comet Care offer assistance?
Yes, the subsidy program is through Rutgers and is called Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP). Please see our tuition tab for the application.
9. Who do I contact if I have a problem?
You can contact the executive director at 856/467-4091 or email .
10. Will the tuition be prorated if there is no school due to vacation or holidays?Tuition is based on the 180 school days. Therefore, the tuition will be the same amount each month regardless of school being a half day, holiday or school break.
11. What do I need to know about the childcare staff?
All child care providers meet the licensing requirements for their assigned position. Each program has staff trained in First Aid and CPR. Staff is fingerprinted and have completed criminal and child abuse background checks as required for licensure. The staff will require training throughout the year.